Warehouse based in Waltham Abbey (East Essex) requires a part time driver to deliver and collect goods across UK, and on some occasions travel abroad such as France and Spain.
The ideal Driver must have:
- A full UK Drivers Licence
- DBS Certificate (issued within 18 months)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Flexibility when required to work additional hours
- Good customer service skills
As a driver, your daily driving duties can differ from day to day, therefore you must be flexible and adaptable to change especially when deliveries or collections are amended at short notice.
Your minimum weekly hours will be 28.75. Your daily hours will be set at 09:00 - 15:00 (with a 15 minute unpaid break) Monday to Friday, 5.75 hours per shift, however this may be altered slightly depending on the workload. For example, if you are required to work beyond 15:00, this will be paid as overtime or you will be given time off in the same week. During busier periods, overtime will be paid as per the normal hourly rate.
It would be an advantage if you have experience driving a Forklift Truck and a valid licence for this.
Duties will also include:
- Loading and unloading packages and pallets
- Assisting dispatch with packing goods for delivery
- Collecting parts / shopping for onsite maintenance staff
- Ensuring delivery and collection notes are completed and signed for
- Reporting any delivery / collection issues
- Handling and unloading goods with care
- Checking Company vehicle is safe to drive and completing vehicle checklist
- Reporting any vehicle maintenance issues to management
- Driving and working in a safe manner at all times; wearing the appropriate PPE and lifting boxes correctly to avoid any injury
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean and tidy
The hourly rate for this position is £10 - £11 and is dependant on experience.
The above position is available from 15th July 2019.
Applicants must include a covering letter and CV with their application.